Building a strong security network requires first setting up an Arlo base station. We’ll take you step-by-step through the Arlo base station setup procedure in this tutorial, making sure your house is protected by state-of-the-art equipment.
Opening and Getting Ready
- Unpack your Arlo base station and its accouterments first.
- Ascertain that you have an Ethernet cable, power adapter, base station, and a reliable internet connection.
- For the best coverage, put the base station in the middle of the area.
Associate with the Internet and Power
- Connect the power adapter to a wall socket.
- Link your router or modem to the base station using the Ethernet cable that comes with it.
Activate and watch the LED status:
- Press the On/Off button to turn on the Arlo base station.
- Solid green LED specify about the strong association.
Get the Arlo App here:
- Get the Arlo app from Play Store.
- Make a new Arlo account or sign in with an existing one.
Arlo App Base Station Addition:
- Add device with + sign
- From the available devices list, choose “Base Station”.
- To sync the app with your Arlo base station, adhere to the on-screen directions.
Read the QR Code:
- You’ll be prompted by the app to scan the base station’s QR code.
- For this stage, use the camera on your smartphone.
- Change the base station’s configuration, including giving it a name and selecting a strong password.
- Organise preferences and notifications according to your security requirements.
Include Arlo cameras:
- You may now upgrade your security system by adding Arlo cameras after the arlo base station setup is constituted.
- Proceed in the same manner to configure the cameras’ settings in the Arlo app and scan the QR codes on the cameras.
Check Your Configuration:
- To make sure the motion sensor on your Arlo cameras is working properly, test it.
- For the best coverage, change the camera’s settings and angles.
- Also examine the arlo base station wifi settings.
Fixing issues and updates:
- Please refer to the Arlo troubleshooting guide if you run into any problems.
- To guarantee that your Arlo system has the newest features and security updates, be sure to often check for firmware updates.
These troubleshooting procedures should be followed if your Arlo base station offline issue is persisting:
- Make that the base station is allied to power vent appropriately.
- Well connection must be there between these devices.
- After letting the base station restart completely, see if it connects to the internet.
- Verify that a steady internet connection is being provided by your router.
- If necessary, restart your router.
- If there are any accessible firmware upgrades, make sure to install them on the base station.
- For additional help, get in touch with Arlo customer care if the problem continues.
Your Arlo base station setup is now complete, opening the door to a safe and clever home security system. With a well-configured base station and the user-friendly Arlo app, you can feel secure in the knowledge that your house is safeguarded by state-of-the-art technology.